[tlhIngan Hol] qaStaHvIS ram timestamp

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 12:41:38 PDT 2017

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 3:06 PM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> nIqolay Q:
> > {qaStaHvIS ram juHDaq maHaD maH vIghro' je}
> > {juHDaq maHaD maH vIghro' je qaStaHvIS ram}
>
> I understand these two; but could we write too {juHDaq qaStaHvIS ram
> maHaD maH vIghro' je} ?

I mean, you can write absolutely anything you want, the issue is whether it
means what you want. {juHDaq} would be part of the clause {qaStaHvIS ram}:
"While night was occuring in the house, we and the cat studied." If I saw a
sentence phrased like that, I would wonder why it was necessary to specify
that night is taking place in the house. Night takes place over a wide area
and is generally not considered an indoors thing. Is there some kind of
temporal anomaly in the house, and it's daytime outside?