[tlhIngan Hol] original canon information on Facebook

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Mon Jul 31 23:28:56 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 2:06 AM, Lieven <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 01.08.2017 um 07:13 schrieb Alan Anderson:
>
>> I do not consider "I once heard Marc Okrand say X" as a definitive
>> source. In any case, [...]
>>

> I absolutely agree with Alan. I do trust that the information may be true,
> but it has become a common trend among Klingonists that we publish any
> information as soon as we get it (or as as soon as we allowed to publish
> it). So if that would be a "new word", it should have been posted at least
> to the list like "Hey look, Okrand told me that x means Y in Klingon."
>
> Saying it as a sidenote is a bit strange, indeed.
>
> On the other hand, qurgh said on FB "there's a new word now for eyelash:
> muylIS" - that is an official announcement, although I wish he'll write it
> to the list as a summary of the qep'a' (or did I miss that message?)

I did that because we had literally got the word minutes before and it just
happened to be relevant to the conversation that was happening. It wasn't
an offical announcement of the word. Everyone in the room received it at
the same time, I just happened to be the first person to use it on the
internet.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a summery of the qep'a'". Is that like some
kind of after action report?

qurgh