[tlhIngan Hol] Rendered fat

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Sat Feb 18 07:24:51 PST 2017

On 2/18/2017 10:15 AM, David Holt wrote:
> But I really wanted to be wrong so I could streamline my translation just a tiny bit (because space and brevity is an issue in this project)

I have this desire whenever I translate some bit of poetry or prose that
uses symmetry or a very regular meter and I'm trying to duplicate that.
Most of the Klingon bits will be identical, but then I'll come across
something whose transitivity is different and it breaks the symmetry or
meter. Alas, that's just the way it is. Sometimes I compromise by trying
to create a new symmetry or structure at the expense of perfect
translation. I came across this recently when I was trying to translate
"something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue." It
was SO close to working with *ngo'wI', chu'wI', ???wI', SuDwI'*, but of
course that missing word has to be *vay' **ngIplu'pu'bogh.* :(