[tlhIngan Hol] So sarcophagus you say ? hmm..

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Aug 1 08:46:15 PDT 2017

On 8/1/2017 11:01 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> SuStel:
>> using the plural suffix is not so much redundant as explicit
> What does this mean ? Don't misunderstand me; I'm not contradicting
> you on this matter. I genuinely don't understand what this sentence
> means.

Just that using or not using plural suffixes is usually a matter of
choice. They're nearly ALWAYS redundant to use, because they're
optional, but you can use them anyway. It's not true that wherever you
CAN remove plural markers you should. I think there are times where not
using plural markers is nicer, but that's not the same thing as saying
you SHOULD do it.

*pe'vIl mu'qaDmey tIbach!* (TKW) Sure, I COULD say *pe'vIl mu'qaD
tIbach,* but this is a proverb, so I'll go with the established form.