[tlhIngan Hol] So sarcophagus you say ? hmm..

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Tue Aug 1 08:45:51 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 11:01 AM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> SuStel:
> > using the plural suffix is not so much redundant as explicit
>
> What does this mean ? Don't misunderstand me; I'm not contradicting
> you on this matter. I genuinely don't understand what this sentence
> means.

"Redundant" means it's extra information that you don't always need, but
it's there if you want to use it. There are multiple ways to know whether a
Klingon noun is intended as plural. If that information is already
somewhere in the grammar of the sentence, adding the plural-marking suffix
is redundant. It's not necessary, but it is fine to do it anyway.

"Explicit" means it is made absolutely clear by using something you can
point to and say "There, that's what I mean." If you don't want to leave
something unstated, you can say it explicitly.

-- ghunchu'wI'