[tlhIngan Hol] tlhIngan-Hol Digest, Vol 98, Issue 29

James Landau savegraduation at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 20:58:53 PDT 2024

I've been adding those new words to the vocabulary category pages all evening -- including the "body functions" list from my own LCV (since we _finally_ have a way of saying "sperm"!)

I've noticed a few more puns:

re'tISyav (spermatozoon): Physeter is the genus to which sperm whales belong.

teQ (assume): "I take it . . ."

paQjen (sequin, spangle): Backwards, this is *nej Qap* -- "seek-win".

HIjnaj (demon): Dream-deliverer, like an incubus or succubus; or, backwards, *jan jIH*, device viewing screen, maybe because technology is the Devil, or maybe because Satan is watching you. Interestingly, *jan jIH* is how you'd say "I'm John" in Klingon.

I'm ready to call it a night!

Message: 5