[tlhIngan Hol] new puns

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Mon Jul 29 18:04:11 PDT 2024

> Daw (blow, of the wind): blow down?

I think it's "wad" backwards, as in "to blow one's wad".

> won = hesitate

The opposite of "now".

> le''aq = messenger

> Qun le''aq ≈ angel

Possibly qa''el backwards, from Michael, the archangel.

> tlhIneng = potassium

Possibly from xifan hol "fenix". Perhaps related to potassium burning in water?

> tI'var = pedal in a car

tI'var -> rav'It -> "floor it"

> 'aSteD = job, occupation

Possibly "a stead". Literally a place, but a stead can also by extension refer to one's place or role in society.

Alternatively, people may look for *a stead*y job.

//loghaD