[tlhIngan Hol] stitch vs. sew

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 17 08:31:08 PDT 2023

I happened to watch TOS "Return to Tomorrow" last night on Chicago TV.  There was an relevant  line where Kirk tells McCoy in the briefing room:

  “That's like saying you wish that you still operated with scalpels and sewed your
    patients up with catgut like your great-great-great-great-grandfather used to.”

Colloquially "stitch" would work just as well as "sew" here.  "Suture" of course is the technical medical term.

--
Voragh