[tlhIngan Hol] -be' vs. -Ha'

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 19:02:40 PDT 2023

While the answer is historically accurate, I’m not sure it addresses the question.

{yIH lI’be’} or “useless tribbles” are tribbles that are not useful. It’s a simple negation.

*yIH lI’Ha’* would be something like misuseful tribbles (like maybe someone thought they’d be good candidates to guard a shipment of quadrotriticalli), or unuseful tribbles, as if somehow the tribbles were reversed from the state of having been useful through some prior event or process, like, I don’t know, maybe they became stale?

In any case *yIHmey lI’Ha’* would be highly unusual tribbles, and I’d need to hear the story behind how they got that way.

pItlh

charghwI’ ‘utlh
(ghaH, ghaH, -Daj)