[tlhIngan Hol] wishlist for TKD 3ed

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Wed May 17 10:47:13 PDT 2023

On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 2:38 PM Michael Kúnin via tlhIngan-Hol <
tlhingan-hol at lists.kli.org> wrote:

> An example with two complements: {nob}; what is the the canon Klingon for
> "I make him give the book to them"?

That's not a sentence I've seen in canon. I think {chaHvaD paq nob ghaH 'e'
vIqaSmoH} is reasonably obvious, but I've been doing this for more than a
quarter of a century and I've collected a fair number of patterns to use
when translating such phrases. The second verb could also be something like
{vIraD} or {vIra'} or {vIpoQ}, depending on what shade of meaning you want
"make" to have.

-- ghunchu'wI'