[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: rIymuS

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 13 07:25:54 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, March 12, 2023

Klingon word: 	rIymuS
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	Remus
Source: 	TKD

Cf. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remus_%28Star_Trek%29#Remus

TREL NOTES:
  Because the planet is tidally locked to its sun, one side of the planet is in constant darkness. There are significant dilithium mines on the dark side of Remus, mined by Remans and assorted political prisoners. (ST:Nemesis):

   As you can see one side of Remus always faces the sun. Due to the extreme temperatures
   on that half of their world, the Remans live on the dark side of the planet. ...Almost nothing
   is known about the Reman homeworld, although intelligence scans have proven the
   existence of dilithium mining and heavy weapons construction. ...  [Data, ST:Nemesis]

SEE ALSO:
romuluS  		Romulus (GN)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey