[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ruv

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 1 07:28:04 PDT 2023

Klingon word: 	ruv
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	justice
Source: 	TKD

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

TREK NOTES:
  "Your words promise justice for all." (Lokai, TOS "Let that Be Your Last Battlefield")

KIRK:      "I'm interested in justice!"
McCOY: "Are you? Are you sure it's not vengeance?"
  (TOS "The Conscience of the King")

"If there are gods, they do not help, and justice belongs to the strong: but know that all things done before the naked stars are remembered." (Klingon proverb; John Ford, "The Final Reflection" [1984], p. 23 et passim)

SEE ALSO:
teblaw' 		jurisdiction (n)
chut		law (n)
bo'DIj 		court [of law] (n)
yoj 		judgment (n)
bortaS 		revenge (n)
bIj		punishment (n)
jIp		penalty (n)
DIb 		right (n)
pung 		mercy (n)
loHwI' 		magistrate (n)
nguH 		witness (in court) (n)

bIj		punish (v)
noH 		judge, estimate (v)
ghIpDIj 		court martial (v)
'oD 		arbitrate, mediate (v)
bIj		punishment (n)
may 		be fair (v)
qIch 		condemn (v)
nguH 		testify (v)

Can we use {ruv} with?:
tlha' 		chase, follow, pursue (v)
chav 		achieve, gain, attain (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey