[tlhIngan Hol] Bullets in Klingon

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Jan 31 06:18:33 PST 2023

On 1/31/2023 12:29 AM, James Landau via tlhIngan-Hol wrote:
> So pjrases with *rurbogh* (or any kind of -bogh) need an agreement
> prefix if it's not just a third-person subject with a third-person
> direct object? I never thought about that, perhaps because I thought
> of it more as an adjective (albeit a prepositive adjective rather than
> the usual postpositive stative verb) rather than as a verb.

A relative clause is just a complete sentence with *-bogh* added to the
end of the verb.

*nIrur loDpu'*/Men resemble you./

*nIrurbogh loDpu'*/men who resemble you/

The entire relative clause gets used as a noun phrase in another sentence.

*jatlhpu' SoSoy nIrurbogh loDpu' vIghombej */Momma said I will certainly
meet men who resemble you./

The verb is not prepositive or postpositive; it simply sits between any
object and subject as usual.