[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: DoQ

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jan 9 07:32:28 PST 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, January 09, 2023

Klingon word: 	DoQ
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	claim (territory)
Source: 	TKD

chay' 'etlh DoQ nuch
How does a coward claim a sword? (PB)

'etlh DoQDI' meQchu'pu' che'rupbogh
his promised kingdom will be ash by the time he claims the sword (PB)

molor HoSghaj woQ / luDoQ / 'el chaH 'e' lupoQ
In the name / Of Molor the Mighty, / Demanding to get in. (PB)

wIvraj tIDoQ.
Place your bets. (DSC "Will You Take My Hand?")

TREK NOTES:
  The Tellun Star System is in a border area claimed by the Klingon Empire in 2268. (TOS "Elaan of Troyius")

Perhaps "claim [some thing]" would be a better definition as it's also used for things other than territory.  In fact, do we have any examples WRT claiming territory?

SEE ALSO:
maq 		proclaim (v)
ja' 		tell, report, claim (v)
yer 		territory (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey