[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: SeQ

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 3 07:28:14 PST 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, January 02, 2023

Klingon word: SeQ
Part of speech: verb
Definition: be formal, be ritualistic, be ceremonial
Source: KGT

Heghtay lulop latlh tlhInganpu'.  Heghtay luloptaHvIS chaH chaq bey SeQ lujach
other Klingons may perform a ceremonial howl or yell as part of the Klingon death ritual. (S31)

SEE:
SeQHa'  	be informal (v) (TNK)
  - {yIvbeH SeQHa'}  T-Shirt, t-shirt (n) (TNK)

SEE ALSO:
DochHa' 	be polite, civil, courteous (v)
  - "Okrand suggested a way to say polite in Klingon, using {DochHa'}. For the glossary, he added: 'be polite" is okay. Also 'be civil, courteous'. Very un-Klingon!" (Lieven < MO, 1/01/2018)

yI' 		speak in an honorable or respectful fashion (v)
Qut 		be vulgar (v)
tay 		be civilized (v)
tay 		ritual, ceremony (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey