[tlhIngan Hol] Bullets in Klingon

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Feb 2 08:15:14 PST 2023

On 2/2/2023 11:02 AM, Will Martin via tlhIngan-Hol wrote:
> I’m sure our canon experts will be happy to clarify whether or not
> we’ve been given license to use Relative Clauses for parenthetical
> statements about the Head Noun.

You're describing the difference between restrictive and nonrestrictive
clauses. I believe we still haven't seen nonrestrictive relative clauses.

To say /Our leader, who is fond of knitting, commands us to attend the
meeting,/ you apparently can't say *qepDaq majeS 'e' ra' nIq 'e' tIvbogh
DevI'ma'.* This means something more like /Our leader who is fond of
knitting (as opposed to our other leader, who isn't) commands us to
attend the meeting./ You'd have to split this up a bit: *qepDaq majeS
'e' ra' DevwI'ma'. (nIq 'e' tIv ghaH.)*