[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: SIl

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Dec 6 08:13:21 PST 2023

Am 06.12.2023 um 16:39 schrieb Steven Boozer via tlhIngan-Hol:
> Klingon word: SIl
> Part of speech: verb
> Definition: divert
> Source: qep'a' 30 (?) [2023]

The word is listed in the Wiki on this page:
https://klingon.wiki/En/NewWordsQepa30

> I couldn't find it listed in the qep'a' 30 notes, but {SIlwI’} "diverter" appeared the Haynes Bird of Prey Workshop Owner's Manual (2012?):

Yes, 2012.

Are you sure it was in that book written in Klingon? I can't find it.

Those two (and other) phrases you mentioned appeared on screen in the
end credits of Season 3 of Star Trek: Picard, but only written in Klingon.

Okrand confirmed them at qep'a' 2023.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"