[tlhIngan Hol] Cloaking Device words from Maltz

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Aug 16 11:49:26 PDT 2023

And one more new(ish) word I didn't notice: {So’chem} "cloaking field".  The known {chemmey} are now:

ghe'chem 	terraforming field
HoSchem 	energy field
peQ chem 	magnetic field [2 words in TKDA]
pIvchem 	warp field
So'chem	cloaking field
Surchem 	force field
tlhamchem 	gravitational field

Any more?

Voragh

-------------------------------------------------Original Message ----------------------On Tuesday, August 15th, 2023 Steven Boozer wrote:

	Thanks for forwarding these to the List.  Here are some quick vocabulary observations.
	New nomina agentis from existing verbs:

	{lISwI’} “conditioner” from {lIS} “adjust, moderate” (v)
	{chungwI’} “accelerator” from {chung} “accelerate” (v)
	{tlhuDwI’} “emitter” from {tlhuD} “emit (energy, radiation)” (v)
	{HISmoHwI’} “compressor” from {HIS} “be compressed” (v)

	Expansions/new glosses for existing nouns:

	{yIb} “inlet” from {yIb} “vent” (n)
	{yu’egh} “waveform” from {yu’egh} “wave” (n)

	And two completely new words (to me):

	{meqHoD} “bypass” or “axis”? (n)
	{SIl} “divert” (v) - which produces {SIlwI’} “diverter” (n)

	Have these two appeared in recent qep’a’mey/qepHommey?

What exactly is the “Bird of Prey Workshop Owner's Manual”?  It supplements nicely the {tlhIngan toQDuj 'ay'mey tetlh} “Klingon Bird of Prey Technical Callouts” poster.