[tlhIngan Hol] Cloaking Device words from Maltz

Iikka Hauhio fergusq at protonmail.com
Tue Aug 15 13:19:33 PDT 2023

Hi,

{meqHoD} is "bypass", since it was clarified that the Klingon phrase actually is just "waveform bypass conduit". Maltz said that he preferred that over the version that had "axis" like the book.

So the book is called "Haynes Bird of Prey Workshop Owner's Manual", you can find it on Amazon and other online stores. It has mostly English lists of BoP parts and longer explanations on how the ships are constructed on how they work. These Klingon words didn't appear in the book, instead, I asked Okrand if Maltz happend to know how any of them were translated. As far as I know, they haven't been released in any qepHom previously. They don't have official glosses either, so we have to deduce what the new words means from the phrases.

Incidentially, these phrases appeared in the Star Trek: Picard season 3 end credits, in which they were so blurred that the Klingon words were very hard to read.

Iikka "fergusq" Hauhio