[tlhIngan Hol] qep'a' wejmaHDIch mu' chu'

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Wed Aug 9 13:29:46 PDT 2023

> I've figured out the first two puns:
>
> *'uppol* (feat, stunt): Back in the Roaring Twenties, people would often
> sit UP a flagPOLE as a feat/stunt.
>
> *'unqal* (kettle): *'un* means "pot", and *qal* is derived from English
> "call" -- "the pot calling the kettle black".

There's also a product called "Uncle Dave's Kettle Corn". That was my first
thought for a pun. Makes it easy for me to remember too.

The notes that came with {'unqal}:

Maltz said that, as far as he knew, the resemblance of this word to {'un
qal}, presumably "corrupt pot" (whatever that might mean), was just a
coincidence.

qurgh