[tlhIngan Hol] Klingonaase in Klingon

James Landau savegraduation at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 23:18:46 PDT 2023

I expected that there would be a tlhIngan Hol word for "Klingonaase" because Klingonaase is a Klingon thing. Will Martin said that Klingonaase and tlhIngan Hol were really two different universes; that was news to me. My understanding of the matter, up to the point I asked this question, was more like Steven Boozer's explanation; that some Klingons spoke tlhIngan Hol, and some Klingons spoke Klingonaase, and there were a bunch of other Klingon-spoken languages, too, with the prestige dialect shifting (kathenodialectically?) with each new emperor and his/her dynasty. From what I understood, Klingonaase was the prestige dialect before tlhIngan Hol was.

With all these new Klingon names for Terran languages (like "Breton" and "Gujarati"), I thought Klingon could at least use a few more names for /other/ languages of Kronos.