[tlhIngan Hol] wishlist for TKD 3ed

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 18:02:58 PDT 2023

On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 10:27 AM Lieven L. Litaer via tlhIngan-Hol <
tlhingan-hol at lists.kli.org> wrote:

> One other possibility is of course to make an "addendum" version book,
> which completes the 2nd edition instead of replacing it. Did anyone
> think about that?

*sigh* Yes, that's the backup plan. If we complete a draft of TKD3ed and
the publisher doesn't want it, we discussed ripping out the "new" parts as
a separate book. That's undesirable because (1) more work, and (2) you need
two books instead of one for a description of the complete grammar.
(Technically, you'd still need KGT as well, but the new TKD will refer to
KGT in, e.g., section 4.2.8 {-neS}, so that you could *look things up* in
TKD and be sure that it didn't miss anything.)

--
De'vID