[tlhIngan Hol] placement of adverb

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 05:21:19 PDT 2023

On Fri, Apr 14, 2023 at 2:10 PM Lieven L. Litaer via tlhIngan-Hol <
tlhingan-hol at lists.kli.org> wrote:

> Am 14.04.2023 um 13:31 schrieb De'vID via tlhIngan-Hol:
> > I think he's talking about the *explanation* of the typographical
> > conventions, which I don't see on the wiki either.
>
> Well, again, I must object. I don't know why this can be overseen. Maybe
> I should add a note saying "Hey, look HERE, read THIS: it explains how
> to read the page." :-/

It actually is very easy to overlook. I honestly did not see it, and
apparently ghunchu'wI' didn't' either.

> I don't know why you all don't see it. I think I will add an explanation
> that uses more words so it is more visible.

The problem is that if you didn't already know the typeface/formatting was
meaningful, then you wouldn't notice it in the key, either. It really needs
to be explained with words.

Key:
- things written or spoken by Okrand are on a grey background [on a grey
background]
- facts inferred from canon are written in normal text [normal text]
- accepted usage not on a firm foundation are in italics [italics]

(Or something to that effect.)

--
De'vID