[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tap

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Apr 13 09:47:42 PDT 2023

Am 13.04.2023 um 17:30 schrieb Steven Boozer via tlhIngan-Hol:
> yIntaH qIrq 'e' vIneH.  DaSwIj bIngDaq latlhpu' vItap.
> Kirk I want alive. The rest I will grind beneath my boot.
> ("I want that Kirk keeps living. I will mash the others under my boot." [sic! typo for qIrq'e'? (qurgh)]) (STConst p.232)

If anyone wonders what "STConst" is,
see → http://klingon.wiki/En/Constellations

> TREK NOTES:
>    “If anyone disagrees, we'll crush them beneath our boots.” (expression of Capt. Krankor)

Are you sure this counts as a "Trek note"?
It looks like a line of the song {taHjaj wo'} by HoD Qanqor:
{Qochchugh vay' vaj DaSmeymaj bIngDaq chaH DIbeQmoHchu' jay'}

→ http://klingon.wiki/En/TaHjajwo

The line also appeared in the KLI's anthem:
{'ej qatlh nutlhobchugh vay', vaj DaSmeymaj bIngDaq chaH DIbeQmoHchu' jay'!}

→ http://klingon.wiki/En/KLIsong

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"