[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tap

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 13 08:30:08 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, April 13, 2023

Klingon word: 	tap
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	mash, squash
Source: 	KGT

yIntaH qIrq 'e' vIneH.  DaSwIj bIngDaq latlhpu' vItap.
Kirk I want alive. The rest I will grind beneath my boot.
("I want that Kirk keeps living. I will mash the others under my boot." [sic! typo for qIrq'e'? (qurgh)]) (STConst p.232)

wejlogh choponlaHbe'chugh vaj gho[p]vam vItap 'ej DaH naDev qaHoH
Give me three good reasons not to squeeze this hand tight and kill you where you stand! (PB 145)

(KGT 92):  Finally, the way to prepare a common dish called {qompogh} is to mash ({tap}) a mixture of various types of {naH} (fruit, vegetable), with or without some animal matter, into a rather lumpy paste and then to let it {rogh} (ferment).

TREK NOTES:
  “If anyone disagrees, we'll crush them beneath our boots.” (expression of Capt. Krankor)

SEE ALSO:
qeb 		squeeze (windbag instrument) (v)
rey 		squeeze and stretch out (windbag instrument) (v)

pul 		be ground up (v)
'apmoH 	dent (v)
gho' 		step on (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey