[tlhIngan Hol] placement of adverb

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Apr 13 08:01:14 PDT 2023

Thanks to charghwI' for pointing at this. Now at last I know why I
remembered this phrase, even though it's not canon.

To all those who do not have HolQeD: The article is found in the book
"From the Grammarian's Desk", which is a collection of the HQ articles
by HoD Qanqor.

Am 13.04.2023 um 15:14 schrieb De'vID via tlhIngan-Hol:
> Was this Okrand's example?

I think it's not. All of the article seems to be from HoD Qanqor. He
usually marks canon quotes clearly.
  > I believe he was asked about this (or a
> similar) sentence and said that {chay'} is only a question word, and
> doesn't act like a relative pronoun (meaning something like "the way in
> which...").

I remember something like that too. In my understanding, it's not used
like "I know how it happened." (Same also for qatlh)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"