[tlhIngan Hol] placement of adverb

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Apr 13 05:07:41 PDT 2023

Am 13.04.2023 um 10:59 schrieb De'vID via tlhIngan-Hol:
> The Klingon wiki makes the following claim:

Just for the record: the claim comes from a collection of grammatical
additions compiled by ter'eS.

> http://klingon.wiki/En/KlingonGrammarAddenda
>
> Adverbs with 'e' come after the object sentence and before the 'e', e.g.
> paw Duj wej 'e' vIlegh "I haven't seen the ship arrive yet". [HQ v1n2p11]>
>
> However, I'm unable to locate the reference. HolQeD 1:2 p.11 doesn't
> seem to have this sentence

That is indeed an interesting thing to research.

I don't have v1n2, but I checked v2n1 and v2n2: It does not have
anything regarding the above topic.

Also, I doubt that the above phrase is a canon example, because we have
a quite complete corpus of canon phrases today. The search at Klingonska
(and also Google) does not give any response for that phrase.

It's difficult to search for that quickly. If it's a typo, it could be
anything.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"