[tlhIngan Hol] Go and come, know, impersonal verbs

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Mon Apr 10 20:32:08 PDT 2023

On Apr 10, 2023, at 11:22 AM, luis.chaparro wrote:

> But sometimes you don't mean *It's late in the day*, but rather *It's late for something*, like in *It's late, we should go now or we will miss the train*. How could that be rendered in Klingon?

Idiomatically.

You could say {vIHtaH gho} “the hoop is moving” in order to indicate that the chance to do something is about to end.

You could indicate an impending deadline with {pel'aq ghorpa' mamejnIS} “before it breaks the shell…”

If you prefer to be literal, you could say {DaH mamejnISbe' mapaSchoH ‘ej nulon lupwI'} “if we don’t leave now we will be late and the bus will abandon us.”

You always get better answers when you ask specific questions instead of being vague and general.

— ghunchu'wI'