[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: much qach

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 14 07:11:55 PST 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, November 14, 2022

Klingon word: 	much qach
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	theater
Source: 	KLI mailing list 2015-03-16

  "{muchpa'} is fine for theater (or theatre), but a better translation might be auditorium. Maltz agreed with your observation that it's kind of close to {puchpa'}, but he said that, given his viewing of Terran plays and movies, that might be apt and it didn't bother him at all. If "Bloomsbury Theatre" refers to the whole building - auditorium, lobby, dressing rooms, {puchpa'mey}) - not just the room where the performance takes place, he'd go with {much qach}." (MO to De'vID, 3/2015 < FOTSN/FFN)

TREK NOTES:
  “Modern playwrights have become obsessed with writing human interpretations of alien theatrical works while ignoring completely our own unique cultural heritage.” (Dr. Bashir, DS9 "The Die is Cast")

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last