[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ngeH

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:23:56 PDT 2022

That third translation is… interesting.

I’d have translated it as “Terrans hope that you (plural) send Emissaries of Klingon soldiers so that they can see this wonderful event.” I’m guessing that “We” are {tera’nganpu’} and that the Klingon fighters’ emissaries are honorable, though that wasn’t actually stated in the Klingon sentence.

I would have back-translated the Klingon as {jantorpu’ DameH Duypu’ra’ quv, wanI’’a'vamDaq bongeH ‘e’ wItul.}

But that’s just my opinion, and like rectal sphincters, everybody has one.

pItlh

charghwI’ ‘utlh
(ghaH, ghaH, -Daj)