[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: maQmIgh

Iikka Hauhio fergusq at protonmail.com
Mon May 16 11:53:16 PDT 2022

> For those whose Klingonaase is rusty, Mortas-Te-Kaase - also spelled *mortaste kaase* - means "The Death's Hand".

​

Is this supposed to be Klingonaase or an Earth language? Mortas sounds like the Romance word for death and "kaase" sounds a lot like "käsi", the Finnish word for hand. "Mortaste" sounds a bit like the genitive form in Finnic languages, so it could be a Finnic language that has loaned the word for death.

I hope it doesn't try to be alien. Even Okrandian puns aren't that obvious.

Iikka "fergusq" Hauhio