[tlhIngan Hol] 'op after the noun

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Fri Mar 25 20:38:52 PDT 2022

I think you making an observation and presuming an underlying rule that doesn’t exist. While you may see a similarity between {‘op} and {-lu’}, there may well be absolutely nothing connecting them in the way you suggest.

We can as easily say that {‘op} is like {Hoch}, and since {Hoch} can be used after a noun, likely {‘op} can be, too.

Meanwhile, neither presumption has apparently been confirmed by canon.

charghwI’, retired.