[tlhIngan Hol] joining numbers used for numbering by {je} and conjunctions

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Wed Mar 23 12:04:13 PDT 2022

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 8:57 AM mayqel qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is an interesting option, although I wonder.. Couldn't the {DuSmey
> wa' cha' je} be understood as if we have two separate groups of torpedo
> tubes, which we go on by labeling each group as "flood the group of torpedo
> tubes one", and "flood the group of torpedo tubes two"?

It could only be understood that way if there were indeed separate groups
of torpedo tubes. If that's the case, then it's ambiguous however you say
it -- at least if both the groups and the individual tubes are called *DuS* and
numbered. I wouldn't expect that sort of system to survive as a viable
usage, and I would expect the tube groups to be called *ghommey* or
*DaHmey* and
the individual tubes to be called *DuSmey*.

-- ghunchu'wI'