[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ngI'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 14 08:04:19 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, March 13, 2022

Klingon word: 	ngI'
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	be pressurized
Source: 	qep'a' 24

ngI'chu' muD
Atmosphere pressurization complete. (DSC/Qov "The Butcher's Knife...")

 (qep'a' 2017 New Words):  For the notion of pressurized (as what happens inside an airplane to make sure those yellow masks don't fall down), Maltz said to use the verb {ngI'} "have a weight of, weigh".  <…>  The lack of an expressed object (the specific weight) is not a problem. It may be weird or pointless to say {ngI' muD}, but it's not ungrammatical.

SEE:
ngI'  		have a weight of, weigh (v)
  - wejvatlh SochmaH vagh SaD cheb'a'mey ngI' Duj
     Mass: 8.7 KT. KBoP

SEE ALSO:
Surmen 	pressure (n)
wa'lay 		mass (n)

HIS 		be compressed (as in air) (v)
'ugh 		be heavy (v)
tIS 		be light (weight) (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last