[tlhIngan Hol] Hovtay’ HurDaq rav vaghSaD yuQ woq NASA

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 08:55:21 PDT 2022

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 12:33 AM De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are canon examples of {rav} being used by itself to indicate a
> minimum:
>
> {Hung buv rav: patlh Hut} "Classified Level 9 and Above" (Bird of Prey
> poster)
>
> {nen rav: chorgh ben} "Ages 8 to adult" (Klingon Monopoly)

I knew about those two, but they're phrased differently than the
{rav/'aqroS} construction. The {rav/'aqroS} construction puts the {rav}
before the value of the lower bound, and is used in a larger sentence.
Those two examples have {rav} at the end of the thing whose bounds are
being described, and are used in a sort of standalone "label noun phrase:
value noun phrase" context. They're different enough from the {rav/'aqroS}
construction that I didn't think they'd work so well as supporting evidence
for using half of a {rav/'aqroS} construction by itself.