[tlhIngan Hol] joining numbers used for numbering by {je} and conjunctions

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 05:57:15 PDT 2022

ghunchu'wI':
> If the intent is to flood them with water, why not use the word SoD flood
instead?

{SoD} is obviously a better choice, which was actually the first choice
that came to my mind, but I didn't use it since I didn't know whether {SoD}
could take an object.

ghunchu'wI':
> I would probably be more clear with DuS wa' DuS cha' je.
> Or, if the situation called for clipped speech, I might just say wa' cha'
je SoD!

These are very nice suggestions. For some reason I can't understand I
always forget the option of clipped klingon..

ghunchu'wI':
> If you really want to phrase it the way you put it,
> I suggest making the plural torpedo tubes explicit: DuSmey wa' cha' je

This is an interesting option, although I wonder.. Couldn't the {DuSmey wa'
cha' je} be understood as if we have two separate groups of torpedo tubes,
which we go on by labeling each group as "flood the group of torpedo tubes
one", and "flood the group of torpedo tubes two"?

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/