[tlhIngan Hol] joining multible {-bogh} phrases by {je}

D qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 05:07:16 PDT 2022

All of a sudden something came to my mind.

SuStel:
> Let's go back to TKD. "In its fullest form, a Klingon sentence repeats
the noun."
> The example is yaS legh puq 'ej yaS qIp puq.Okay. Here comes the key
part, to
> which I will add my own emphasis: "It is possible, however, to use
pronouns
> rather than nouns in the second of the joined sentences."
> A pronoun wants an antecedent. Not a postcedent. A pronoun wants to refer
back
> to a noun that has already been stated. So TKD gives us the example yaS
legh
> puq 'ej ghaH qIp ghaH. The ghaH's refer to the previous object and
subject,
> and what's more, the object pronoun refers to the previous object noun
and the subject
> pronoun refers to the previous subject noun.

After reading your explanation, I understand what 'oqranD tries to say in
TKD. So far so good. But doesn't 'oqranD contradict himself with the
{romuluSngan Sambogh 'ej HoHbogh nejwI'}? According to TKD shouldn't it be
{romuluSngan Sambogh nejwI' 'ej HoHbogh}? Or are we to understand it as an
exception/special case?

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/