[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Do'ol raS'IS

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jun 14 07:37:11 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	Do'ol raS'IS
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	grain of sand
Source: 	qep'a' 25 [2018]

Literally "sand seed".

TREK TRIVIA:
   “Why don’t you hang you pan out in the wind and let the sand blast it clean? Or hadn’t you thought of that?” (Eve McHuron to miner Ben Childress, TOS “Mudd’s Women”)

SEE:
Do’ol  		sand (n) (qep'a' 2018 < TLP)
  - (Lieven, TLP):  What you find in the desert or on a beach. Not dirt.
Do’ol HuD  	dune,  sand dune (n) (qep'a' 2018)
Do'ol na'  	salt (culinary, halite) (n) (qep’a’ 2019)

raS'IS  		seed (n) (qep'a' 2016)

SEE ALSO:
Deb 		desert (n)
lam 		dirt (n)

Note this line from the paq'batlh (1st edition):

  qamDu'chaj bIngDaq letchoH lam nagh rur            [sic!]
  The sand beneath their feet turned hard as rock. (PB 1st ed.)

Note Lieven's comment on {Do'ol} in The Little Prince (TLP).  De'vID, did you catch this for the 2nd edition?

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last