[tlhIngan Hol] noun-noun constructions and interpreting a missing {-'e'} in N2 of N1 meaning

D qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 06:50:58 PDT 2022

jIH:
> yoD chenmoHpu'bogh tlhIngan rItlh
> lIngqa'meH nov, nIDpu'.
> the alien has tried to reproduce the paint
> of the shield which was created by the
> klingon
SuStel:
> Are you asking for grammatical validity or
> an opinion on whether what you said is
> clear? It's perfectly grammatical and not
> at all understandable.

The thing I was wondering was whether the Klingon sentence can mean what
the English one says.

And -if I understand your reply correctly- indeed the Klingon sentence can
mean what the English sentence says.

Of course, I understand that the Klingon sentence isn't quite clear since
it can mean other things too, so it isn't something I'd choose to use
either.

But -as always- I'm trying to understand how things work.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/