[tlhIngan Hol] {vaj} the english "so" and joining multiple {-bogh} phrases by {vaj}

D qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 08:05:13 PDT 2022

SuStel:
> I don't think the combination "so which"
> makes any sense in the first place.

Indeed it's weird.

I was thinking of a context as for example one saying to another "listen,
because I have a weapon which injures, and because it injures it causes
pain, beware".

Perhaps in that context one could say {rIQchoHmoHbogh nuH vaj
'oy'choHmoHbogh vIghajmo'}, in order to express that the "hurting" is the
result of the "injuring" done by the weapon.

Of course, there wouldn't be any (considerable) difference in meaning if
one just wrote {rIQchoHmoHbogh nuH 'ej 'oy'choHmoHbogh}, and of course one
could avoid this altogether by rephrasing.

Anyway, I thing that meaning-wise perhaps it wouldn't be a problem
writing {rIQchoHmoHbogh nuH vaj 'oy'choHmoHbogh vIghaj}; and perhaps in
spoken Klingon, it would work even better by altering the tone of the voice
while saying the {vaj 'oy'choHmoHbogh} part.

But I think that perhaps it would work better by placing the {'ej} before
{vaj} because without it, it would be like writing {rIQchoHmoH
'oy'choHmoHbogh nuH} which would be strange.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/