[tlhIngan Hol] thoughts on the perfective {-pu'}

D qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 01:19:09 PDT 2022

De'vID:
> The revised line in the 2nd edition will be:
> "Kahless the unforgettable, / I welcome you in Sto-vo-kor, / For you
lived wise and honorable."
> {qeylIS lIjlaHbogh pagh / Suto’vo’qorDaq qavan / bIyIntaHvIS bIchul ’e’
Da’aghta’ ’ej batlh bIvangta'}

Thanks for sharing this. But I see something strange:

{bIyIntaHvIS bIchul ’e’ Da’aghta’}

Did 'oqranD comment as to why he decided to keep the {-ta'} on the verb of
the sao?

As a side note to this, I find it interesting that it's {bIyIntaHvIS bIchul
’e’ Da’aghta’}, rather than {bIchul ’e’ Da’aghta’ bIyIntaHvIS}, a thing
which shows that the {'e'} of a sao can refer to something preceding the
sentence which it has as an object.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/