[tlhIngan Hol] does the athena avatar display in your email clients?

Arttu Hiekkanen rdjimi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 12:27:32 PST 2022

As a gmail user, I see the <Athena> avatar, but only if I hover my mouse
over your name. This mailing list shows red question marks for almost
everyone who uses the list to me in the gmail web interface and android web
app. Every question mark stands for "Gmail couldn't verify that [domain]
actually sent this message (not a spammer)."

Your message has the following SPF/DKIM/DMARC, see
https://puu.sh/IEUNM/86aafc1271.png and as such, it should always show
warnings and nothing else. This is not your fault, of course.

If I feed your messages header to the Google Messageheader-tool (
https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/messageheader/analyzeheader), it shows
the message going through the dreamhost etc. and that seems to be why
google can't trust it.
see https://puu.sh/IEUZr/e37fa6b7d2.png

...yet James Landau uses Yahoo Web interface and that doesn't get caught up
in dreamhost's postfix at all and because of that (presumably) I can see
James' icon and all. *va*!

I added some filters so James or others on this list don't go to spam. So
far it seems to work.