[tlhIngan Hol] verb {tlhap} "take" for beings

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Sat Jan 22 08:33:24 PST 2022

vaS’a’Daq Qang qopmeH, HoD lutlhej wej mang.

“Take", “go", and “enter" somewhat redundantly describe a story more simply and directly told. “Accompany” explains the gathering of four people and going somewhere, so a simple locative and {qopmeH} tells the rest of the story, once you name names.

Maybe you could use {tlhap}, but then there are a huge collection of verbs you could use. Some work better than others, and {tlhap} doesn’t work especially well. It is good to exercise your vocabulary toward a specific meaning rather than overuse more generic verbs. I’d use {ra’} before I’d use {tlhap} in this instance, since it better explains the authority relationship and the action.