[tlhIngan Hol] adverbs acting on each other adverbs referring to each other

Iikka Hauhio fergusq at protonmail.com
Mon Jan 17 07:35:21 PST 2022

We have canon sentences with multiple advers, for example here are three (paq'batlh):

chaq tugh batlh Heghmo'
For they may soon die with honor

I think it should be interpreted that the adverbs affect the whole sentence. chaq refers to tugh batlh Heghmo'. What happens maybe? They die soon with honor. tugh refers to batlh Heghmo'. What happens soon? They die with honor. batlh refers to Heghmo'. What happens honorably? They die.

In you sentence DaH loQ jaS jIghel the word loQ refers to jaS jIghel, not only to jaS.

Iikka "fergusq" Hauhio