[tlhIngan Hol] retiring the role of Beginner's Grammarian

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Fri Jan 7 13:56:04 PST 2022

We’ve had over half a dozen BGs. Originally, Qanqor appointed BGs, negotiating with candidates and consulting with former BGs as the number grew. As Qanqor became less active, the BGs took over, communicating as a group to decide on the new BG.

And now? Well, SuStel, ghunchu’wI’, and I are former BGs. SuStel is certainly the most active. ghunchu’wI’ doesn’t write very often. I do, but I feel as if my resources have waned over the years. I likely should have quit when the majority of others dropped away. There may be other former BGs lurking, but not writing.

I don’t know if Lawrence is active enough to whip up enough interest of former BGs or even Qanqor himself to do this or if some other approach would be preferable. I think we’ve become a bit rudderless. The infrastructure is still here, so we’re still here, but we are certainly less organized than we once were.