[tlhIngan Hol] "Seasons of Love" in Klingon / And two grammatical questions

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Jan 6 06:00:07 PST 2022

On 1/6/2022 8:09 AM, luis.chaparro at web.de wrote:
> De'vID:
>
>> QInvam luHevpu''a' latlh? pIm'a' QIn?
> *Spam*Daq tetlhvam lulochbogh HochHom QIn'e' vIHev, Landau Martin je QInmey vIHev je. pImbe'.
>
> By the way, two short questions:
>
> 1. Should *HochHom QIn* be considered singular or plural?

Unclear. We might suppose that *HochHom X* follows the same rule as
*Hoch X:* including a plural suffix means to take most of the X's as a
whole, while leaving off a plural suffix means to take most of the X's
individually. I would guess, in that case, that the plurality of the
phrase depends on whether there is a plural suffix. But we don't know
for sure if *HochHom* follows the same rule; I suggest it only as a
default position to take.

> 2. I guess there is nothing wrong with *(noun noun je) + noun* as a noun-noun construction? Are there canonical examples?

Nothing wrong with it. A canonical example comes from /paq'batlh:/

*vaSvamDaq
     tuq veng je quvvaD
     Heghqangbogh SuvwI' tu'be'lu''a'*

/Is there nobody in this hall