[tlhIngan Hol] Beginner's text and questions

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Feb 17 08:01:13 PST 2022

On 2/17/2022 10:40 AM, Ed Bailey wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 16, 2022, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:
>

>     One example happened to be that way, but it doesn't follow that
>     the -jaj or -'a' CAUSED the order of the rover.
>

> vay' vIjatlhbe'bogh DaghoH.

Maybe you didn't intend to say that, but it's an obvious interpretation
of what you said. "The difference in the canon examples is that -be'
follows tu' when -jaj or -'a' is appended." This sounds very much like
you're saying that appending *-jaj* or *-'a'* makes the *-be'* move from
the *-lu'* to the *tu',* that you're stating a rule "-be' follows tu'
when -jaj or -'a' is appended" that leads to the canon examples. I
wanted to make it clear that this is /not/ a known rule, just your
observation of what order of suffixes happened in these examples.