[tlhIngan Hol] Time elements and *qaStaHvIS*, continuous and perfective aspect

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Feb 25 11:42:50 PST 2022

On 2/25/2022 2:27 PM, luis.chaparro at web.de wrote:
> charghwI':
>
>> Since you don’t mention what it is you are enduring, another option for your bonus question would be:
>
>> ‘ewropngan’e’ masIQ.
>
>> As for Europeans, we endure.
> I was referring to the sentence I was discussing at the beginning of this thread,*poH nI' bov chep wISIQpu' 'ewropngan*. But your approach is a really interesting one when you don't need an object. Thank you!

Do we endure Europeans? Are we Europeans? Do we just not like the word
*'ewropngan *and endure its utterance? This sentence doesn't say.

The fronted topic solution is maddeningly vague, and it's probably not
the way Klingons do things. It's not ungrammatical per se, but it seems,
at best, awkward and oddly emphasized.