[tlhIngan Hol] {-Daq} and {-bogh} and {Sumbogh} and {Hopbogh}

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 05:24:00 PST 2022

SuStel:
> The head noun of a relative clause must be the subject or object of the clause

Ok, I think I understand this.

SuStel;
> and the head noun must be the noun that fits into the main sentence.

I'm afraid I don't understand this. Can you explain this further? Or
perhaps just write an example?

jIH:
> qa'naDa'Daq Sumbogh 'amerI'qa' mIl'oDmey tu'lu'
> at canada where america is near there are bears
De'vID:
> Without knowing your intent, reading the Klingon sentence, I would interpret it as
> "There are American-bears nearby (in) Canada". That is, there are things called "America bears",
> and ones which are near Canada are being observed or noticed.
charghwI':
> It comes out like “In Canada, there are bears of America, which is nearby.”

Indeed, De'vID and charghwI', you're right. Yesterday, while I was
writing the example sentence, I thought that the intended meaning was
pretty clear; but today when I read again the sentence that I wrote
yesterday, I too got the meaning you describe.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/