[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qav

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 01:23:05 PST 2022

On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 4:21 PM Steven Boozer via tlhIngan-Hol <
tlhingan-hol at lists.kli.org> wrote:

> Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, December 16, 2022
>
> Klingon word:   qav
> Part of speech:         noun
> Definition:     an unknown word
> Source:         qepHom 2020
>
> Can someone check this?  I couldn't find it in my notes nor is it listed
> in http://klingon.wiki/En/NewWordsQepHom2020  or
> http://www.qephom.de/e/newwords.html
>
> A pity as it seems a useful word.

How so? It's an unknown word, not a word that means "an unknown word".

Personally, I don't think it belongs in KWOTD, and shouldn't be in a
lexicon without annotations that it's not a word. There are any number of
hypothetical ancient words which have fallen out of use which make up parts
of existing words that Maltz isn't sure about or doesn't know the meaning
of.

--
De'vID